There are now four candidates running for Yamhill County Commissioner, position 1. What makes me the strongest candidate?
Positive existing connections in the community
- My wife and I started our farm, Oakhill Organics, in 2006. Since then we have provided produce to over 700 households, all here within Yamhill County. Each of our tens of thousands of sales represents a positive personal interaction.
Nuanced understanding of county operations & issues
- I have actively followed county operations and politics since moving here and can speak intelligently about the relationship between the many moving parts. I have also connected with area heads to learn more and hear their future goals.
Land-use experience and knowledge
- As a rural county resident and farmer, I have extensive first-hand experience working with the county planning department. I understand the intricacies of Oregon’s land-use regulations and the real significance of land-use decisions.
Track record of commitment & persistence
- I thrive on challenges and have succeeded at daunting endeavors throughout my life. I completed my Master’s degree in record time. My wife and I built our house. We started a farm from scratch that has supported us since day one.
Warm personality & contagious enthusiasm
- My diverse experiences help me to connect comfortably with people from all walks of life, and I genuinely enjoy listening to people’s stories. My warmth, enthusiasm, and optimism help galvanize people around creative solutions.
Strong social media presence
- Our farm’s blog has hundreds of regular readers in Yamhill County. My campaign has active feeds on Facebook and Instagram, ads on which have been reaching thousands of people in Yamhill County, including 18-24 year olds.
Working hard on the campaign trail
- I am successfully balancing full-time farming with full-time campaigning: meeting with people from around the county on a daily basis, updating social media, and planning for the next stages of the election season.
… which will hopefully involve YOU! Learn more about how you can help me win the May 15 election by visiting the Support page on my website, or donate online now here: